THE DOG PARK IS OPEN
DAWN TO DUSK EVERY DAY!
Where is this dog park?
We are located 294 Libertyville Road in New Paltz, NY across from the Ulster County Fairgrounds, at the Field of Dreams. Drive all the way to the rear of the property.
Your donation to For Paws of Ulster, Inc., the 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization that maintains the Ulster County Dog Park, is tax deductible.
PO Box 1074
New Paltz, NY 12561
Donate via our secure PayPal Site by clicking HERE! Your donations help support the annual insurance costs, repair and maintenance costs to keep this park open and awesome, AND you can even sponsor a bench or a dog waste station (details below). To sponsor one of these items, PLEASE EMAIL US !
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAIL LIST
WHO WE ARE
For Paws of Ulster, Inc. is a 501c3 non-profit organization working to maintain the only Ulster County Dog Park in the Town of New Paltz.
We began our efforts in 2009, became serious in May of 2010 and have come a long, hard way since then.
For Paws of Ulster, Inc. maintains contracts with Ulster County and the Town of New Paltz for this dog park, and we provide the amenities (the benches, waste stations, waste station bags)...the For Paws volunteers also pick up and remove the trash weekly and restock the waste stations, as well as carry out other maintenance projects since we opened the park in September 2014.
You can also visit our facebook page for a more interactive experience!
Keep an eye out for our donation cans in your local retailers!
Dog Park Costs and donation items:
- Liability Insurance - $2,000 (annually)
- Bench with a back: $800 each*
- Bench without a back: $600 each*
- Dog Waste Stations- $500 each*
- Dog Waste Bags: there are opportunities to have your business or event information printed on bags! Contact us for details!
* For your donation, you will get a sign/ plaque on the item!
Donations are constantly needed to purchase more waste station bags! We go through 12,000 bags a year, and volunteers remove the trash, paying for the trash bags and their own costs (gloves etc.) on their own!
*** $250 or larger donations gets your name on our donor board, which is located in the message center!
- Tackling the mud pit at the entrance!
- Construct a Shade structure - to span the small and large dog area.
- Get non-potable water to the site, and then dog fountains for each area (this will be our next major project- in collaboration with the Town of New Paltz and Ulster County)
And if you like to shop online, we encourage you to check out iGive.com
= online retailers will donate a percentage of their sales to OUR CAUSE!